Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: There is something wrong with the default IBL in latest build of Poser

MeInOhio opened this issue on Apr 19, 2023 ยท 47 posts

MeInOhio posted Thu, 20 April 2023 at 9:16 PM

I downloaded the product by Bastep and I installed it into poser. I start Poser 13 and load an empty scene. I find the product under Materials.  I try to load it but it tells me to select something to apply it to. But there's nothing but the ground pretty much. So I go look at the tutorial I found and I think I am suppose to go to the material room and select the background from the dropdown. I do that and I apply that material by Bastep. It loads it into the shader tree. But now there is a fixed image in the Preview window. I go back to the Pose room and I see that fixed image. I try to rotate around the scene. But it appears that I am locked on that background image. Then I load a figure. He is rather dark. (Not a lot of light on him.) But I find that when I rotate the camera that he does indeed rotate. But that background image never changes. When I render, I do see my figure in the environment and not that fixed image and my figure is floating in the air. But I can't try to fix it because all I see in the preview is that fixed background with my figure in front of it. I think I must have something wrong. In the material room, I see that the dropdown is set to BackgroundMaterial. I think maybe I should select something else like just background. But I don't see anything else to select. So, I know I must be doing something wrong. But I don't know what. I didn't see any instructions in the freebie. Help.

Also this seems different that the two scenes that come with Poser. They have stuff loaded onto to three environmental objects. But this is loading onto the background. Or maybe I'm loading it on the wrong thing.

I didn't see those environmental things to select. But maybe that's because I loaded an empty scene.

I tried to find tutorials on youtube on how to do this but all the lighting tutorials I find are about all kinds of lighting except HDRI lighting.

I also tried adding an infinite light to the scene. It made a bright hotspot in the scene. But when I rendered, that hot spot wasn't visible but the light didn't appear to do anything.

Thanks.