Forum: Poser 13

Subject: My Poser 13 review is online

AcePyx opened this issue on Apr 10, 2023 ยท 140 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 21 April 2023 at 2:30 AM

Nevertrumper posted at 1:30 AM Fri, 21 April 2023 - #4462924

JohnDoe641 :
You've nailed it.
It is not about bashing Poser. It is the anger about Poser falling behind and refusing to do anything about it.
Once Poser has been nr. 1 in this segment, now it is far behind DAZ and Reallusion.
Part of the problem is also, that most Poser users are acting like cult members. 
Just by praising Poser, the software will never get better. There has to be strong demands for improvements.

There is certainly a lot of truth in that but, demands need to be worded in a way to show that people making those demands are actually doing it to try and improve Poser.  Acting like cult members ?  Maybe but don't forget Poser users have, to my knowledge, been told for over twenty years that the program they use is about to die mostly from people that never use it.  True there has been constructive criticism over the years but that has been overwhelmed by those with a scarcely hidden agenda to move everyone on to DS.  In years past there have been massive flame wars on the subject resulting sadly with many knowledgeable and helpful users, and vendors, not moving to DS but leaving the computer art community for pastures new.   Happily such flame wars are a thing of the past but even today there are people knocking Poser, Poser 13 and Superfly with information that is presented as facts that are clearly nothing of the sort.  This results in Poser users just ignoring such posts and, sadly, some good nature discussion on the future of Poser in the process.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.