Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: There is something wrong with the default IBL in latest build of Poser

MeInOhio opened this issue on Apr 19, 2023 ยท 47 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 24 April 2023 at 6:52 PM

I think Level up Superfly with the Outdoor Expansion by Afrodite-Ohki would be a great starting point for the beginner as there are so many options available.  The environmental sphere is included in the add on along with a number of materials. offering Bright, Dim and Outdoor options.  The lighting options are vast providing, KeyLights, RimLights, FillLights. Sunlights, Suns for the Envsphere and a preview light that does no render.   Each light folder has a description of what the light is used for and suggestions of how to use it  while the thumbnails give an example of the lighting effect.

Using this could be a way to easily to play with the lights and see what each one does which would appear to be a great way to add to the understanding of the user..  I have no connection with the vendor other than to be a user of the product and I have found I have learnt a lot by playing with the options provided by the product. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.