Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1986 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 4:11 AM

Y-Phil posted at 3:45 AM Wed, 3 May 2023 - #4464102

vopehov506 posted at 2:34 PM Tue, 2 May 2023 - #4464029

DOF ?! well when I use this feature then probably in a Photo application making more sense, better choice then you can also postwork your render for preference :) Resuls in poser are not accurate enough when getting at this point. In the case of your Render it is changing with using  DOF a Story from a skater in a skating room into a simple Pinup render. But it is individual what the creator wants to present, either a Skater in action or just a pretty pinup .... So blurring out the background allot of times has the effect of erasing it and with it the story. I like the First render without blur as this one is telling a story :) The other one is just a pinup like seen allot of times ( Darn where'd I put my glasses ) Sure if you want to sell an outfit  then the second blurry one is the better choice ....

Please, would you mind to be somewhat careful with the way with which you foment your sentences? I mean: I'm doing quite a bunch of.... "simple pinup portraits" and even though English is not natural for me, I'm doing my best to be understood correctly, and your "simple pinup" could be interpreted wrongly, especially when a bunch of famous photographs are doing amazing "simple pinup portraits"

This type of sentences tends to be recurrent online and it tends to... annoy me to remain polite because it often implies a judgment on piece of what we do not like. There are a lot of images here whose quality I appreciate but whose theme I don't like, so what? the images are beautiful, sorry: amazing. Point.

I understand what you are saying sadly, some of the Pin Up attitudes come from the history of Poser where is was seen as the only purpose of the software. I remember years ago an abbreviation which I think was NVIATWAS which stood for Naked Vicky In A Temple With A Sword (I am sure someone will correct me if I have that wrong).  Fact was that the majority of renders posted on the forums like this were along those lines with either a naked Vicky or near enough as, if she was dressed, it was usually in skimp wear.  Thank fully times have changed and, while skimp wear is still easy to come by, there are more everyday outfits and far more practical uniforms also available. 

Over the twenty odd years (most years for me are odd, and I don't mean in the odd and even sense of the word) I doubt I have created more than a couple of naked renders, one reason was I was not that fussed about how figures looked when in complex poses.  That is not to say I cannot appreciate any sort of pin up render or the time and effort required to create such an image.  Am am always interested to see what others are doing with the software and each to their own really, it is easy to forget that, in general, there is more that unites us than divides us on these forums.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.