Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Michael 4 Morphs

mrothello opened this issue on May 03, 2023 ยท 19 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 07 May 2023 at 6:48 PM

randym77 posted at 1:56 PM Sun, 7 May 2023 - #4464576

I always have "use external binary morphs" unchecked. It's less buggy than it used to be, but as of Poser 11 I've still had it occasionally nuke hours of work due to corrupting the file. The last time, I had ten figures, all dressed and posed.

I ended up going through the CR2 in a text editor, and removing all the calls to external morphs. The file opened then. The figures were all in their default settings, so I had to re-create all the characters, but it was better than having to dress and pose them all again.

It was years ago when something similar happened to me, now the first thing I do after updating Poser is to uncheck the use external binary morphs.  Lots of people have said it is better now but it is a question of once bitten twice shy for me.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.