Forum: The Break Room

Subject: Honestly, what do YOU think of AI "art"

rokket opened this issue on Feb 06, 2023 ยท 35 posts

shvrdavid posted Mon, 22 May 2023 at 7:14 PM

The biggest problem I see with AI art, is that it is nothing more than a cut and paste job of multiple snippets from other peoples art slammed together.

When you submit art to this site, you have to check a box stating that it is your work, and AI art really isn't submittable under those rules.

A computer cut up and morphed someone else's images, based on what someone else typed into a box. And the computer used someone else's work to make a drawing from what it was trained on.

The example of a DJ was used earlier, but there is a huge difference with that.

If a DJ remixes one of my songs and publishes it, anywhere, I either get royalties off of it or it is taken down. I am the creator, and they only used my material differently. The main difference, is that it is still mine, and I get paid accordingly. I will get credit for my work, and people will know who I am.

In AI art, the original creators get nothing back. And the "creator" of that AI art gets to claim they made it, when in fact they did not... A computer made it, from modifying someone else's works.... 

It is against the law to forge a Davinci painting in many countries, making a "copy" of it in part or in whole, is illegal. Davinci didn't even know what a copyright was, but yet he is protected years after his death..... If Davinci was alive today, no one out side of a few people would know him, or even know who he was. AI would have seen to that.

AI takes that one step further, and buries artist in a flood of their own work, without the original artist getting any credit for it at all.

No one will ever know who the people were, that made the art that trained the AI.... 

Those that approve of AI art, must therefore approve of erasing the people that did the original works to justify it....

All while forgetting that the AI will erase them as well, far faster than Davinci.....

AI art is not art, it is the current way of stealing someone else's works legally, then claiming you created what the computer was programmed to steal for you.

If it was truly AI, it would not have to have been trained to steal work, or to even make the images at all. Stealing is a human trait, programmed into the AI...

And sadly, many people see no problem with that at all....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->