Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Installing to New Computer question

igohigh opened this issue on Jul 08, 2023 ยท 17 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 11 July 2023 at 4:27 AM

igohigh posted at 11:47 PM Mon, 10 July 2023 - #4469788
nerd posted at 12:43 AM Sun, 9 July 2023 - #4469615

All Poser installers are full installations. You don't need anything from the previous version but the serial number. Well that and of course all your collected content.

Where is the RASPBERRY emoji?!!????
I LOST my two old Runtimes on the drive that died...trust me, I tried everything to recover anything....GONE. Some old classic stuff is LOST.

But I have most of it backed up but will have to reinstall one, by one, by one, by one - Years and Years worth collected content - BUT all my textures, PBRs and others are GONE, will have to rebuild....Fun stuff...not
Losing any data is painful but rebuilding one by one seems is a real sting in the tail.  All of my data is backed up and includes all of the runtime and also all of my WIP files and renders and scenes going back well over 20 years.  There are multiple back up but every back up has two features, they all update on a regular basis and, even with incremental back ups, any restore procedure is a question of getting running and going to bed.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.