Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Installing to New Computer question

igohigh opened this issue on Jul 08, 2023 ยท 17 posts

igohigh posted Thu, 13 July 2023 at 12:21 PM

Y-Phil posted at 2:23 AM Tue, 11 July 2023 - #4469794

igohigh posted at 11:47 PM Mon, 10 July 2023 - #4469788

nerd posted at 12:43 AM Sun, 9 July 2023 - #4469615

All Poser installers are full installations. You don't need anything from the previous version but the serial number. Well that and of course all your collected content.

Where is the RASPBERRY emoji?!!????
I LOST my two old Runtimes on the drive that died...trust me, I tried everything to recover anything....GONE. Some old classic stuff is LOST.

But I have most of it backed up but will have to reinstall one, by one, by one, by one - Years and Years worth collected content - BUT all my textures, PBRs and others are GONE, will have to rebuild....Fun stuff...not
With classics HD's, sometimes, this non-free tool can do miracles
https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

But before buying, it may be worth asking.
I've bought it long time ago and I've been able to recover and use an HD that was declare dead, even though with 2/5 of its surface declare bad

Thank you Y-Phil, I will take a look at that one!
I lost my external USB drive with all my home movies and photos on it a few years ago in a power outage - I tried several but not a single file could be retrieved.....luckily I have 90% of that backed up to DVDs......BUT, when I bought this new computer and asked why there is no internal DVD R/W on any of the new models they told me "Nobody uses DVDs anymore.."......?!!?? - - 
I told him "I DO and I Want One!!", so they sold me a flimsy looking USB external DVD unit