Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

stallion opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 1258 posts

JoePublic posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 3:06 AM

I already stated that I don't like Genesis 9 in my previous post. AT ALL.

But yes, if you throw enough iterations of subdivision at a mesh, then even the simplest mesh geometry can be photorealistic.

If you subdivide Posette 3, 4 or maybe 5 times, you can make her 100% photorealistic without problems.

Provided you have the sculpting skills or even better a LIDAR morph of a real human to match her to.

But I very much prefer the "properly edgelooped geometry plus ONE iteration of subdivision plus a proper displacement map" way of doing things.

Because this is much more robust and "hobbyist user" friendly than the "high tech" way that Genesis 9 is set up.

STILL....

Genesis 9 gives easily photorealistic results. (In the right hands using the right tech, of course). 

But it is what new users see when they are browsing the DAZ catalog, and so it is the standard every Poser figure is measured against.

ANY new Poser figure that isn't AT LEAST as good (or better) than the  latest DAZ figures are, is a complete FAILURE in my book

It's 2023, and if that figure doesn't look like an actual human right out of the box, when what's the point?

Sorry, but the 3D world is merciless.

There are way to many options out there currently to think you could get by with just a little nip and tuck.

99% of the character morphs sold here are already Genesis 8 and 9.

Does really someone of the PTB seriously think that another iteration of LF (or Dawn or whatever) might change that?

Or is it that the owners of Poser have already given up?

What is the point?