Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Getting DAZ to Recognize Non-DAZ3D Purchases

Clemenceau opened this issue on Aug 02, 2023 ยท 18 posts

FirstBastion posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 9:33 PM

hborre posted at 12:18 PM Fri, 4 August 2023 - #4471898

FirstBastion posted at 11:54 AM Fri, 4 August 2023 - #4471893

The content folder is a default location that is recognized by DazStudio,  because it ships that way. It will definitely save some headaches if you place the content there.

But you could easily create a  folder named "Rendo" if you wanted to place all your Renderosity purchases in there,  and then use the preferences/cconten tab to point to that "rendo" folder,  and dazstudio would then look for content there as well.

There shouldn't be a content folder anywhere in the DS Content Library.  That is an incorrect hierarchy according to the software protocol

That is not what I wrote.  Reread my comment and wrap your head to understand it.

I've been a Daz3D PA for 13 years, and created hundreds of products,  I'm not sure what you know but DazStudio is flexible enough to find a manually created content folder that is placed anywhere on your computer  or portable drive and it will load content and it will work as described above,  except some very specific plugins and some morphs,  and since those are usually from Daz3D a user can install them using DIM or the manual zip files.