Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I can't be alone...

mescorp opened this issue on Aug 11, 2023 ยท 46 posts

Giana posted Fri, 11 August 2023 at 4:04 PM

i've never used DS, so i can only take what i've been told by vendors as truth, or at least their own truth...

what i've been told is that it is so much easier to create content in DS as opposed to Poser, first & foremost...

secondly, there's just not enough user base for Poser to justify the time/energy/costs/etc. it takes to bring a product to market if one is creating content as their primary source of income...

and to that point, vendors also seem to be pulling back their support for older items, esp. for Poser, hence all these 'Retirement" sales that have been occurring these past few months...

thirdly, most vendors that i've talked with either dislike working with la Femme, or simply do not see her as a viable figure to create for given the lack of visibility in the galleries.  some still create things for her because of money, whether by sole choice or enticements from Rendo itself...

what Rick stated about having to buy Poser has some validity as well.  as does the whole advent of typing out prompts into a box for an algorithm to create something for you, as fewer folks will invest, or continue to invest, in 3D at all...

i've said it before, but i'll say it again:

maybe Rendo should think about giving vendors a deeper percentage for newly created Poser content at the very least, if they don't want to 'grandfather' older items into the mathematics...