Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1990 posts

Thalek posted Thu, 24 August 2023 at 4:58 AM

I don't know if it's the depression talking, or not. No medication or combinations of medications is 100% effective, and none are effective 100% of the time. So, if my perceptions are too badly warped by my illness, feel free to present a different view.

I am fearful of Poser's future.  Poser's pulse does NOT seem to be getting stronger, contrary to frequent exhortations. All I see these days are all-Daz products sales and product introductions even here at Renderosity.  I don't blame the vendors or Renderosity: you've gotta sell what the public wants, not what you want them to want.  (Sony's Betamax was superior in most ways to VHS, but mechanically it was more complex, and it was more expensive.  It died and VHS lived. The Amiga was a very fine computer, with unusually good sound and color graphics for the time. But it needed a custom monitor, and the co-processor chips for video and audio were on the motherboard and not amenable to upgrading. Bringing out separate sound boards and video boards in Macs and PCs was just one of the things that doomed the Amiga.)

I see a similar scenario playing out with Poser: a leader that was outstripped by competitors, supported for years by loyal fanatic partisans.  It's hard to believe that there will be a Poser 14 or equivalent.

Am I wrong to feel this way?  Is it just the depression that doesn't let me see a clear path ahead?