Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1990 posts

igohigh posted Thu, 24 August 2023 at 10:00 PM

hborre posted at 11:02 PM Wed, 23 August 2023 - #4473303

Superfly does not recognize Depth Cue so that is a waste in set up time.  Keep in mind that the PhysicalSurface node emission defaults to Inverse Square falloff which means that you really need a very high emission value.  The only way to change that behavior is to attach a Lightfalloff node, which offers additional Linear and Constant features not found on the PhysicalSurface node.  When using mesh lighting from an object, you can hide the object in the scene by not making it visible to the camera or Raytracing but still display your light.

Perhaps "Depth Cue" is the wrong terminology, just repeating what the little check box in SuperFly Render Settings calls is; Perhaps 'Depth Blur'?
I am talking about just the Render Settings check boxes, not the atmosphere in the Material Room.
Here is the same image with same settings other then one has Depth xx checked (I moved Funnyman closer then in previous image, otherwise he gets too 'depth blurred' out)

Thanks for the info on the lighting, I am using the LIghtfalloff on the Cycles configuration but was not on the PhysicalSurface setup.
On PhysicalSurface I was blowing out my 'purple light' into white light when I go too high with emission so I started trying the Cycles root.....still playing with it

with Depth checked in SP settings (but NOT set up in the material room)