Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1985 posts

shvrdavid posted Thu, 24 August 2023 at 10:10 PM

Thalek posted at 10:20 AM Thu, 24 August 2023 - #4473344

Just out of curiosity. How much does Poser content actually get sold? Where is this spread sheet that your numbers are pulled from? 
Let me give you a personal example if why I believe that what you said is not the case. This is first hand knowledge, not speculation.

Before I posted Pauline Advance at CP for sale, many people told me that it would never sell well, at all....
They "knew" Poser content didn't sell well, especially at CP........ 

Oddly enough, Pauline Advance sold very well and made it to the top of the top seller list, more than once.....
I was shocked after being told it would not sell well at all, especially at CP.......

I actually outsold Ute and she was a top Poser vendor there for years.. (Ute is no longer with us, rip, she was such a nice person)

When people tell me Poser content doesn't sell well, I really have to wonder where that info comes from.
Maybe this has changed, I don't know if it has or not. I don't have access to those numbers anymore.
But when I did, this picture was worth a 1000 words to everyone that said it would never sell well at all.

Many vendors make a living off of content. Obviously not all do, but some do....
And they could never do so, if nothing sold. There were more active Poser vendors when I released Pauline Advance than there are now, and even more prior to that.

Don't forget that as more vendors left Poser for greener pastures on the other side of the fence, other vendors had newer content that was available, for Poser.....
If customers don't use Studio, and use Poser, what are they going to buy? Old poser content for Jessi? New Poser content? Studio content for a program they don't even use?

The Poser content that is available, and for a character they want to use, is the most likely answer to all those questions.....

Which obviously still sells, or no one would even bother making it.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->