Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1985 posts

Thalek posted Thu, 24 August 2023 at 11:00 PM Online Now!

shvrdavid posted at 10:10 PM Thu, 24 August 2023 - #4473399
Thalek posted at 10:20 AM Thu, 24 August 2023 - #4473344

Just out of curiosity. How much does Poser content actually get sold? Where is this spread sheet that your numbers are pulled from? 
Let me give you a personal example if why I believe that what you said is not the case. This is first hand knowledge, not speculation.

I have no spreadsheet, of course.  That would be a violation of vendors' privacy, among other things.  But a couple of vendors I've corresponded with have commented that they switched to Daz-only because their Poser sales were down, and while they hinted that the products I admired might be available for Poser someday, that day has not yet arrived.

I actually outsold Ute and she was a top Poser vendor there for years.. (Ute is no longer with us, rip, she was such a nice person)

Yes, a terrible loss to the community.  I have most of her freebies now, and I purchased some of her commercial work as well.  I had twenty or thirty items of hers on my wish list when they were removed from CP and elsewhere. We corresponded infrequently, but I liked her, and respected her work immensely.

When people tell me Poser content doesn't sell well, I really have to wonder where that info comes from.

In my case, it came from casual conversations with a couple of vendors, and by personally observing that Renderosity's new products lists are sometimes entirely devoid of Poser products these days, as are some of the product sales.

Maybe this has changed, I don't know if it has or not. I don't have access to those numbers anymore.
But when I did, this picture was worth a 1000 words to everyone that said it would never sell well at all.
Many vendors make a living off of content. Obviously not all do, but some do....
And they could never do so, if nothing sold. There were more active Poser vendors when I released Pauline Advance than there are now, and even more prior to that.

The tone of your posts is that of someone who feels personally attacked, and feels a need to attack in return.  And I do feel attacked for having voiced my concerns. I am genuinely sorry that I have upset you with my concerns; obviously, that was not my intention.

Given that no one else has felt a need to comment, I can only assume that they disagree with one or both of us, and don't have their iodine tablets handy and don't want to risk the possible fallout. I respect their concerns, but wish to point out that I only use small, tactical nukes, and can even be diplomatic at times.  I think I demonstrated that when I offered Charly constructive criticism on his underwater scene to show that constructive criticism need not be a blatant attack.  (However, given his treatment of a professional I respect and admire, I will not be posting any more of my work here.  I have no desire to be on the receiving end of such treatment, and I am no professional who is worthy of anyone's respect.  I am a dilettante, acknowledge I'm a dilettante, and know that my images will never come near the quality that the more skilled practitioners here have literally displayed.)