Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity Announces Change in Policy Regarding AI Gallery Images

msansing opened this issue on Sep 07, 2023 ยท 110 posts

gillbrooks posted Fri, 08 September 2023 at 10:35 AM

Byrdie posted at 9:50 AM Fri, 8 September 2023 - #4474252

And who is going to police the remaining galleries? Because, knowing people, that which is forbidden will become even more attractive simply because it is forbidden. We who indulge in creative pursuits are an especially rebellious bunch -- just ask all the censors and book-banners out there. There will always be those who push the envelope, test the edges, interpret things their own way or even merrily ignore them altogether should they decide "the rules" do not make sense. Here's a prediction: AI art may be banned here on Rendo and elsewhere but it won't really go away, it'll just get much better at blending in. 

Right into the closet, along with everything else "society" has decided or been persuaded that it simply doesn't like.

N.B.: This does NOT mean I personally won't keep to the rules/TOS around here. I fully intend to abide by them, as nonsensical and arbitrary as this latest one is, in my opinion. Nor do I nor will I encourage people to break them. Simply making an educated guess. YMMV. 

People will just migrate to other places.  

Gill