Forum: Community Center

Subject: You need to say AI art's no longer allowed on the "Upload Art" page itself

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Sep 12, 2023 ยท 14 posts

3D-Mobster posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 6:25 AM

I honestly don't understand some people's opposition towards AI, if it can enhance one's work or even create something from scratch, or simply be done for fun, why is that a problem?

So the image on the left is perfectly fine, because I took a preview render of it, but using it together with AI to create the image on the right, it somehow becomes wrong? I don't get the logic behind that. Is the main argument that it is wrong because whatever the AI used was stolen? 

We all get inspiration from others, when someone uses a pair of pants for their character, the vendor didn't invent these from scratch or had no references that inspired them. 

I have already sent a mail to the Renderosity staff about why I think they are making a huge mistake trying to ban AI, it is not going anywhere, as I mentioned in another post in the AI community, those people who created Stable diffusion have invested millions of dollars together with other partners in creating an AI 3d generative solution that will probably be here in a few years if things go as planned. Will people complaining about AI still argue that it is wrong as well? Whether an object is created by an AI or a person, I can't see should make a difference?

To think that Poser/Daz and the way they work now is going to survive, I think is wishful thinking at best. However pushing Renderosity/Poser to embrace AI and find ways for them to be used together might give them a chance to develop Poser in a direction that is viable for the future. 

Take the example above, this is using V4 which is a very old model, yet it can easily be used to create the image on the right. You don't need a trillion different characters and clothing to make what you want anymore. Content creators can't compete with AI, it is not simply a "Poser user issue", it affects all of us, but closing our eyes to what is going on, as if it is somehow going away, is simply not going to work. So why not, instead of being angry at AI, figure out how to get the most out of it in combination with Poser and share knowledge and ideas etc. instead?