Forum: Community Center

Subject: You need to say AI art's no longer allowed on the "Upload Art" page itself

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Sep 12, 2023 ยท 14 posts

Byrdie posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 12:21 PM

Agreed. I just threw a cat doodle I made in MS Paint, of all things, into my local install of Stable Diffusion and prompted using just a description of the subject matter. NO ARTIST'S NAMES INVOKED WHATSOEVER! Also, I drew from memory of all the cats I've ever seen in real life, no references unless one counts the furball on my couch, therefore no reason to claim the results SD gave me are "stolen art". But of the whole lot, only this would be allowed in the galleries. Perfectly legit AI usage no longer welcome in these parts.

I will not be posting this brand new all original 100%-certified-purely-human-created-if-you-don't-count-that-it-was-drawn-on-a-computer-screen-not-paper artwork in my gallery, so no worries about "flooding". Too darned hard to sketch properly with a mouse, especially when one is blinder than most bats these days and all crippled up with arthritis as well. Oh well, it is what it is.