Forum: Poser 13

Subject: A suggestion, if I may? The Library is littered with double's....

blackbonner opened this issue on Sep 17, 2023 ยท 21 posts

Richard60 posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 11:02 AM

Well, if you are brand new to Poser you have nothing so the way Poser installs is perfect for that person.  The bare necessary files are loaded into Poser 13 Content:Runtime.  Those would be the props cameras, light etc. That is with just the reduced sized program installer.  With Poser 11 or 12 you had a 1.6 GB file to download and install.  Now you have a ~450MB file.  If you want the extra files those are loaded into the included folder-Runtime.  You only have to download the included content once.  During testing with nothing installed ( a pure blank system ) just as if I was a newbie and this was my first time installing, I ran just the program installer and when the scene selector appeared anything with LaFemme will fail to load since the content for her is located in the included runtime.  

There are 4 runtimes-folders you cannot change remove: Those are Poser 13 content, download, included and purchases.  Download has nothing and will stay blank unless you put something in it.  Purchases can now be set to point to a different location, such as Poser 12 or 11 Purchases.  Included only has to be downloaded once and if you don't like the way it is organized then take and move the content to some other runtime, just not one of the four I listed above.  Poser 13 Content is always updated with every download of the program and it has the basics needed to make the program run.  I would not install any content into that runtime.

As far as Purchases goes, I use that to install content from the store then move it into another runtime and organize the way I want.  Purchases is my sandbox.

Since you cannot remove or rename the 4 folder listed the next best thing is to put them at the bottom of the library.  go to C:|Users|your_name|AppData|Roaming|Poser|13 and edit the file LibraryPrefs.xml.  Edit the file when Poser is closed or else it will over-write the changes.  Move the lines that have the names of the folders to the bottom of the list of <ContentFolder....>.

Not sure what putting in a ticket is going to do since you installed the content first, moved things around and then loaded the content a second time.  Poser will not remove anything, just overwrite existing content where the names are the same.  That is way it is very important not to save a modified version of a file back to the same location it came from.  Especially if it is one where Poser installs to.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13