Forum: Poser 13

Subject: A suggestion, if I may? The Library is littered with double's....

blackbonner opened this issue on Sep 17, 2023 ยท 21 posts

shvrdavid posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 12:30 PM

I think most peoples Poser content is generally a complete mess if they have had many versions over the years.

Basically every version has moved something somewhere else, compounding the problem.

Check how many times Relaxed Talk 01 png is on your system.............

I have beta Poser tested for years, and it is currently in 105 different places on this system, under every Poser figure it was added too, in multiple runtimes.....

Duplicate remover programs can be used, but they usually break things in Poser because there are many files with the same name, that are not the same at all.....

I gave up sorting Runtimes about Poser 8. Storage is cheap, and far better than breaking something by accident. I have better things to do with my time as well....

Why they keep moving things, is any ones best guess.... Why they used the same file names repeatedly for different files, who knows......

I have about 85 runtimes now, and multiple terabytes of content going back to Poser 3 or 4....... And a lot of it is installed more than once, and also backed up that way....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->