Forum: Poser 13

Subject: A suggestion, if I may? The Library is littered with double's....

blackbonner opened this issue on Sep 17, 2023 ยท 21 posts

Richard60 posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 4:11 PM

Above is what should be in the default included content for character la Femme.  While Beta Testing I always try to make my system a complete blank for doing the installs of the program and content.  That way I don't have extra files mixing in with what should be the defaults.  Now it has been several months since I did the last install of the included content and they may have added some things, but they never announced that they did so and that it should be checked again.  

The easiest way to check to see if you have extra content mixing in with the included content downloads is real simple.  With Poser closed find where the Poser 13 content folder is located.  Inside that folder is a folder named included.  Rename that folder to something else.  I just put a Z infront of the name to remind me what it is and also it puts it at the bottom of the list when looking at the folder.  Restart Poser make sure the Included content folder is blank, as Poser will create a new Included folder whenit finds it missing.  Then just redownload the included folder again.  This way you have a straight from the factory install.

Poser normally will not delete any content, just reinstall over what exists.  If a file is located in the folder and has the same name then it is replaced.  however, if it located somewhere else or the name is changed then the old content will remain along with the new content.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13