Forum: Poser 13

Subject: A suggestion, if I may? The Library is littered with double's....

blackbonner opened this issue on Sep 17, 2023 ยท 21 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 21 September 2023 at 8:56 PM

blackbonner posted at 2:15 PM Sun, 17 September 2023 - #4474733

Thanks so far for the reply. 85 Runtimes? That's a lot! How do you keep track on what is inside of them? Unbelievable! I think I was misunderstood in part, sorry, as you probably know, English is not my native language.

I don't want to delete the Runtime folders named Download, Purchased or Include.

I will give you an example of what I meant.

After the blank install of Poser 13 and the download of the included content, there is a LaFemme folder in the character Library,  containing a Hair folder. If you open this folder, you will find a folder named OOT. It contains a conforming Hair figure.

At the first level in the character folder you will find a folder named OOT as well, who contains the very same item.

In the material folder the different skin shader for LaFemme are inside of the LaFemme folder. One of them, the default one, I guess, is also directly in the material folder listed.

That's the default, before I start merging the doubles. I find this a bit confusing, that's all.

I have 98 runtimes in which I group similar content like a runtime for V4 another for Dawn and another for M4 and Dusk.  In addition there are runtimes for other groups such as space related content but space craft content made that a large runtime so I split that and now there I have a space runtime and a space craft runtime.  

The way I keep track is a run a separate database of all of my content which is updated every time I buy new content.  Each item of content includes details of the creator, the store used, which runtime it is assigned to, the date purchased and prom images of the content.  If a cannot find something I can search for it either by name, or creator and so on and that will point me to the runtime.  If it is not in that location for any reason or the files have become corrupted the data will show me the day, month and year it was purchased.  All my download zips are held in yearly folders, with monthly subfolders so i can go to the relevant month and find the original zip and install it again in the right runtime.   

All of my runtime database and downloaded zips have multiple back ups both local on web based. I have been using the system for around 14 years now and it works for me the only downside I have found is I need to populate the database before I race of and use my new content otherwise I forget to do it later.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.