Forum: Poser 13

Subject: A suggestion, if I may? The Library is littered with double's....

blackbonner opened this issue on Sep 17, 2023 ยท 21 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 10:22 AM

The database is called the 3D Content Database 1.1 and was published by Imagination Illustrated, I purchased it way back in November 2007 as it was on sale for $9.98 rather then $19.95.  I purchased it from Daz, hence the reference to Platinum Club Item, which also includes Prime items in may case.  Sadly the database has not been around for a number for years now but I think there are some based on Windows Explorer.

Keeping it up to date is not difficult, probably an hour spread across a month depending on how much content I buy and that includes installing the content and saving the download zip into the back up folders.  As you suggest it would be a massive task for anyone with even a small number of existing Runtimes.  That said I have been buying content since 2000 and I used my Daz account history to populate the database right back to 2000 doing a little each week.

It has other uses though, If I am looking for something for a render and I cannot think of anything I have in a runtime I can just run a search, for example vehicles.

Selecting anything from the list give me access to  Promo shots as well and the other data.

It does have a scary side though as it will list all of the content, and the amount of money I have spent on the hobby, over the last 23 years.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.