Forum: Community Center

Subject: Render Rewards Points!

CHMedia opened this issue on Mar 27, 2023 · 108 posts

RodS posted Wed, 27 September 2023 at 6:26 PM Online Now!

@ maneki_neko:

I read your post, and I do understand where you're coming from. Especially with the "snapshots" of pretty much nothing most of the time. As a photographer myself (I have worked commercially), you are 100% correct that most of it is not 'photography.'  I've stopped looking at most of the utter crap in the 'freestuff' area. Photos of derelict buildings, cracks in walls, close-up of bushes, etc. Again, all done in the interest of getting those reward points, and not providing anything actually useful. Whatever.

So much has changed here, but one of the biggest problems I've noted (I've been here since 2009 or so..) Is that about 95% of the membership here is just so un-involved. There are still a precious few that can actually take a few minutes out of their day to make any kind of relevant comment on others' artwork. But not like the years past.

I was going to post another image of the repetitive 8-image floods from a couple of individuals that do it daily, but why bother? No one seems to give a damn anyway, so why waste my time? I'll just scroll past it, and comment on art that had some thought and creativity put into it.

And I'll keep posting my own work as well, just in case anyone gives a damn. I'm done with all this other 💩.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage