Forum: Community Center

Subject: upcoming halloween contest announcement

maneki_neko opened this issue on Oct 01, 2023 · 20 posts

maneki_neko posted Sun, 01 October 2023 at 2:31 PM

CHMedia posted at 1:13 PM Sun, 1 October 2023 - #4475632

Renderosity allows " Workflow AI" thus it is welcome in our Contests. Keyword generated AI imagery that scrapes copyrighted material from the world wide web is not allowed. Thank you for asking. I look forward to your entries in this year's halloween contest!
i'm not trying to annoy anyone, least of all you CHMedia.. but it's still not clear, after i read your comment. i've seen people using AI in their workflow in the gallery as allowed in the new general rukes, but i'm not sure the AI part of their work hasn't been using what you mention... and obviously for a contest the scrutiny will be way higher.

let's say i put one of my AI images (classic prompt generated) on a canvas as a poster/painting in a 3D scene, and add a 3D character, and maybe props etc. this image coming from a public site (for me nightcafé, wombo, maybe clipdrop) WILL BE (very probably) coming from scraped copyrighted material etc as you mentioned. all models are based on that. however, it's only part of a mixed workflow AI+3D. so what now?

same if i take one of my own 3D renders and "enhance it" on a public AI site - while the base is clearly mine, the new version will be built up with scraped stuff left and right, since it's the essence of the models... so what then?

the only form of "workflow AI" that might not be using any copyrighted materials might be AI integrated in a photocamera, or as a tool/plugin in PS/gimp or another 2D app, and maybe even 3D since apparently blender has/will have some integrated AI too.

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...