Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce Lightning

JABevan opened this issue on Oct 29, 2001 ยท 9 posts

WoostaChris posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 6:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.milamberart.com/

I had heard about this thread... Now I have a few questions- 1- You really create a Lightning service in the Services part of the Control Panel? In your first thread you made reference to it running in the taskbar- normally I don't think of services running in the taskbar if they're started automatically... is it really a service? 2- You can use the Lightning client in a render before any user has logged in? Just trying to clarify what you said before. 3- I know why you can't kill Lightning through the task manager- services don't show up there. You need to go into the Control Panel, Administrative Utilities/Tools, Services, and Stop/Restart/changes settings in there (assuming that Lightning really is running as a service). 4- Not really a question, just from my experiences- my friend helped me set up a service on my computer yesterday, which works with Apache. When Apache is installed, it is setup as a Service in the Control Panel. It can be set to automatically run whenever the computer is turned on. My friend helped me setup Jakarta/Tomcat to run as a service, with a utility called "jk_nt_service.exe". The file, when run from the command line, will set up your executable as a service according to the parameters defined in a configuration file you specify. I know have Tomcat running as a Service, nothing in the taskbar. Would something like this be possible with Bryce Lightning? I don't know. You should be able to let the user log off by stopping the Lightning Service in the Control Panel. This isn't an elegant solution, but it may work in the short, short term. BTW, I liked the illustration and digital work on your website- very well done.