Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: LA Femme 2 NOW AVAILABLE

JacquelineJ opened this issue on Sep 27, 2023 ยท 239 posts

unrealblue posted Tue, 03 October 2023 at 7:50 PM

Fun fun :)

La Femme 2:

- Character - 30 minutes sculpting in Blender/Poser.  Some actor scales.  A few LF2 add-on body morphs (neck definition, limbs-thin)

- Pose - a tweak of one of the supplied poses

- Default texture

- P12 superfly render (I'm not able to get good renders from P13, yet.  Cycles changed a lot for Mac and I haven't sorted the settings).  Ghostship's one-click render settings and  lights

- Lizanna hair for LF.  One click "fit static" LF to LF2.

- The 2 clothing pieces are both for V4.  It took (no exaggeration) only 5 minutes of editing each mesh in Blender to fit them to this LF2 morph.  One click rigging in poser.  No subsequent morphs were needed.  The arm pits!  friggin awe-SOME!   Also, there is no poke-through in the back of the shorts.  Usually, that's where things fall apart for shorts.  Not this time.

My impressions so far:

Much easier to sculpt clothing meshes in the A pose.  A win.

Blender's sculpt > pose brush makes it easy to get T-pose meshes into A-pose.  Also possible to just pose the clothing in Poser, export the mesh, complete sculpting then bring back into Poser.  Either as original-vert-order-but-new-shape mesh or just a new mesh, entirely.  Depends on how much you value the vert order.  Clothing with useful morphs will want original-vert-order :)

The figure mesh - it looked weird to me at first.  A-pose and odd shape that seemed overly opinionated.  But that's just an impression; I kept in mind that LF2 is not so much a dress up doll as it's more a clay figure on which to cast shapes. I took it to Blender to sculpt and it's really a lot easier to work with than LF1.  Actually, easier than any other figure I've used in Poser.  Another win.

Clothing.  Bringing in a blender sculpted mesh then applying LaFemme2 rigging and the clothing does a very good job of just working.  I didn't have to whip out a morph brush and edit the bends.  Yet another win.

In fact, the clothing was so easy it's almost confusing.  All the stuff I used to have to do, just didn't have to be done.  What am i supposed to do with all this extra time???

I can see that LF2 is meant to make it easier for content creators which seems to me like a good thing.

I'm looking forward to raging through vendors upcoming LF2 products

PS: Now to see how a close fitting mesh (mine) goes.  The "acid test" as this is where LF1 defeated me. <queue ominous music>