Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 · 1986 posts

JanusJsenwark posted Fri, 06 October 2023 at 5:34 AM

I believe in myself....

So, I'm finished with my "high end" skin shader. Thanks to Cycles and Superfly, nuances are only necessary in the Pantone gradations of the skin maps and in the three color scatter settings. I placed particular emphasis on the slight translucency in order to achieve the most natural look possible. In the picture you can see this on the ear and chin. For this reason, I stopped using SSS Maps altogether. SSS maps interfere too much with the most important instance - the skinmap; They almost completely prevent it from showing through and cause more “damage” than good. LaFemme2 comes with one of the strangest SSS maps I've ever seen and in my opinion it's completely unusable. The settings of the bump and normal maps are a matter of taste. Many rendered faces I saw here remind me more of the surface of the moon. If the bump mapping is too strong, the colors of the skinmaps are severely distorted by microshadows, making it appear darker and dull. Too much shine (also a matter of taste) can then look more like a plastic surface. In the lip area the skin is a little smoother and therefore reflects a little more strongly. In order not to distort the result, I didn't use PostFX. My goal was to achieve a rendering result that no longer required any post-processing. With LaFemme2 I was able to achieve a similar result with just a few settings, even though their skin shader is very minimalistic.

Now it's time to get to the teeth... So far I haven't seen a shader (regardless of which figure) that looked really good. I tried the first approaches with Anna, the red-haired girl. But they are too gray and still lack the surface structure.