Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Vascularity for Poser 13?

Rhia474 opened this issue on Oct 02, 2023 ยท 196 posts

JustBeCause posted Wed, 11 October 2023 at 3:32 PM

JoePublic posted at 2:16 PM Wed, 11 October 2023 - #4476124

BTW, setting Poser's units to meters is of course the most convenient way to handle distances.

Because then you can actual tell distances directly just by looking at the dial settings:

1 = 1meter, 2 = 2meters, 3= 3meters, etc.

;-)

:)) LOL I never thought of making changes in this cause sure saw that Poser is using inch system, in our region it is metric and never really had a great understanding for these measurements unless for sanitary installations.  But for poser well ... I just turn the dials until getting the result i wish having , it rather depend on the Image contrast how the effect ends up especially for Bump or Displacements, So spin that wheel, render, spin it again, render again, until you get what you want. Changing the Image with another value of contrast or Lightning will change the setup of your dial anyway no matter what measurements you are using

If making in our case the Vain white darker well then you have to make a higher value so I think that it mostly depends on the texture and a Dial weather metric or inchy has no Standard setting for all to get the same results , best is just to play with the dials, colors or in our case math arguments to see what effects can be achieved, naturally depending on the B&W bump map you are using. So if one is using metric in our case he just spins that dial to get the best result after attaching the given setup nodes to the Bump, is just basics, like an old radio to find the right channel <<---- wonder if they also were bothering if it is metric or Inch :))