Forum: Poser 13

Subject: A suggestion, if I may? The Library is littered with double's....

blackbonner opened this issue on Sep 17, 2023 ยท 21 posts

JustBeCause posted Mon, 23 October 2023 at 2:22 PM

Since Poser already in the early stages supports multiple formats in every Library category I was able to reduce all runtimes into just one even that my runtime is having a size of over 5tb. The issue of duplicates was mainly caused having to build up for every section, Poses, Figures, Hair, Camera etc a easy to find structure, that actually is almost impossible to achieve.

You could buy fantastic packages that come with large amounts of separately sold addons and the mess got larger and larger building up a runtime that is easy and fast to use. After the launch of P 2010 Poser 8 this feature was open having it all at one place. i took the time resorting the runtime Clothing's with all what belongs to it came into one folder root in the figures. I now if I need a outfit just need to open the Figure folder having all the additional features there in subfolders. Same with Hair, and many other collections that had really confusing folder structures over multiple separated sections . This also solved the issue when loading a outfit then pose textures having to jump out of the pose root to just add a Pose for the model or a fitting skin pose for the doll . 

Actually it was not even a high time consuming reorganization as I just had to drop the Material Props for the appropriate Outfits into the main Figures outfit Folder, the time saved was gigantic since done it that way, and finally knew what belongs to what not having to search for the outfit textures in Poses or Material section as there all in the figure folder with the outfit. Knowing what belongs to it not having to search Props materials Poses Cam if there could be something that would als be needed for the outfit, or the Hair, or the Car.

Duplicates are the Past up to almost 100% , finding your self around is not a Labyrinth of folder structures over 9 sections, Poser makes really fun using that way saving your time to make your artworks rather then searching stuff that belongs together all over a mess of folder structures :) 

This is my way and I guess if you give it a shot you will be amazed on how organized all the stuff will be ready to use. The multiple file format support in the Library is actually a fantastic feature