Forum: Poser 13

Subject: A suggestion, if I may? The Library is littered with double's....

blackbonner opened this issue on Sep 17, 2023 ยท 21 posts

JustBeCause posted Fri, 27 October 2023 at 11:25 AM

blackbonner posted at 10:02 AM Fri, 27 October 2023 - #4476896

@JustBeCause

This looks pretty similar to the smart content folder inside DazStudio, right?
I always found this feature great.
You choose your base figure and all the items, poses, textures and so forth are right in front of you to choose from.
I did not know that Poser can do that to, to an extend.
As far as I can see it from your example, the Character Folder contains materials and Poses of hands and body in addition to the figure, right?
Can you also have props stored there as well? This would mean, you don't have to bother with several other folders if you create new content.
Seem very practically and straight forward to me.

Yes that is correct, actually does not matter what poser file format is in the folder. So you can add all the Props, Cam, Poses, Materials, Lights into the same category. I actually do this already since P 12 I think or started about at that time with this Organisation method. It comes also useful for hair that normally have really large Material and pose collections, spread all over with Prop, Hair and Figure versions, keeping these together in one folder root either Figures or in the Hair section sure makes it more fun using these.

When it comes that you are saving changes or new setups for the Packages then they naturally will be saved again in the category of the format, these i save in a Working folder in a secondary library Runtime avoiding poser rescanning the whole runtime after every save, witch can be a real pain. Then just drop these custom saves if final into the main runtime to the figure it belongs to. this avoids having scraps of works all over your sorted runtime.

Well if I make content then naturally I keep the Standard poser method avoiding to confuse customers :) thought already a few times building it up that way and just add the Info into the read me, considering that it needs to be tested if this method is supported in DS when Importing the Poser runtime there.    

Comes also to it if you wish repacking such a structure will all that belongs to it into a new zip, you are way better of not missing anything when using a app like RunZip getting it back out of your runtime.