Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: LA Femme 2 NOW AVAILABLE

JacquelineJ opened this issue on Sep 27, 2023 ยท 239 posts

Tguy123 posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 10:44 AM

Perspective from a long-time, 20+ year Poser user (since Poser 4, or maybe earlier I forget):  I started with Victoria, moved to Victoria 2.  Was able to make decent variations, but hoped for improvement with later versions of Vicky.  Vicky 4 was a major disappointment.  Then DAZ took Vicky series away from Poser anyway.  Didn't find DAZ Studio appealing or intuitive so let the whole Vicky series go.  Took up LaFemme, invested lots of time and effort and made variations I was happy with.  Saw LaFemme2 was out and took a look.  Couldn't easily upgrade to LaFemme2 from the LaFemme variations I had made using various morphs and magnets on LaFemme (especially hamstrung by the apparent elimination of BK morphs).  Abandoned LaFemme2 before putting in too much effort.  Didn't see, in my limited exploration, that LaFemme2 was any kind of significant improvement over LaFemme.  It's not like there were apparent upgrades on polygon count so she could be reshaped well, or at least to my personal liking.  I'm glad others seem happy with LaFemme2, but she just doesn't work for me.  Currently up to Poser 12, but unhappy that my dozens and dozens of python scripts no longer work.  I would have assumed someone would make a utility for turnkey updating of older scripts but never found anything that worked.  For now at least, sticking with Poser 11 for modeling and python scripting then rendering with Poser 12, using variations of original LaFemme.  Everyone has their own Poser history and story, but that's mine so far.  I'll keep checking in now and then to see if Poser and LaFemme improve in any way that's meaningful to users like me.