Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1986 posts

Thalek posted Fri, 03 November 2023 at 2:10 AM

When I saw the notice that the final version of Poser 13.1 had been released (version 13.1.518), I went and downloaded it.  And then, wanting to get to be at least  a little more than a dilettante in my old age, I decided to try the joys of creating dynamic hair.  With both the Poser manual open in front of me, and the Poser tutorial on using the hair room in the browser, I set forth.  I gave the Andy mannequin a Fu Manchu-style moustache figuring it was small and would involve 1-3 polygon groups, so it should be simple. 

Everything went wrong.  I couldn't get the two sides of the moustache to be symmetrical with identical settings.  The drooping portion of the left side was longer, thicker, and tilted at about a 45 degree  angle compared to the right side.  I never got a decent density on the upper lip group.  Twice, my grouping settings disappeared and I had to start over. I stopped using symmetrical settings and started fiddling with length, pull back, pull down, and pull sideways in an effort to get a visually similar image. That didn't work either.  And Poser crashed on three separate occasions, the latest while I was waiting for it to render another image of the 'stache.

Since my batting average on reporting bugs was pretty much zero this year,  I thought I would check to see if anyone else was experience similar problems before handing in a new bug report..

If anyone discovers they're having similar issues with the new version, I'll write it up.  Otherwise, I'll assume that either I or my computer are getting senile, which is not something the Service deptment can really fix.