Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser feature dev & improvement wishlist

PoserWorld2019 opened this issue on Nov 08, 2023 ยท 73 posts

JustBeCause posted Sat, 11 November 2023 at 12:17 PM

AmbientShade posted at 9:03 AM Sat, 11 November 2023 - #4477532

JustBeCause posted at 7:30 AM Fri, 10 November 2023 - #4477497

These are a few features that were existent in P11.1 coming as 3rd helper Pythons, do not recall right away how they are called, as meanwhile I use some other mods for this kind of stuff, but rigging goes really fast for sure. For example rigging hands takes less then a hour in P11 with the right tools !  
If that's true they weren't widely available in any of the stores. Regardless, these features need to be built into the software and not dependent on 3rd party scripts that may disappear with their creators or become obsolete due to upgrades.

If you take a closer look on how things were built in Poser until P11, I mean the complexity of creations and the speed of releases. it should make you aware that there were sure allot of helping tools around. It is true that these were not redistributed here at renderosity. Some were at Daz, allot at RDNA, many others you could find all over the place on smaller Poser sites like Ontarget, Cp was also offering a wide range of helpers. Right now Poser is like a ghost town! 

I do not know if you run your own little Poser business, releasing Poser models, I do, and I have to say if P11 would not be working anymore it would not be possible to hold the Poser sites I run, with P13 all creations like they are or were would just not be possible to create, due the missing creation apps. I would have to let the sites run out and they would just be a memory like almost all the Poser sites that have closed in the past years. but you should also be aware of this situation if you make works for Poser or run your own Poser site business.

I do not say that it is impossible making creations with P13, it is possible, but what you were doing in P11 in a day takes you over a week in P13, 3 days in P11 almost a month in P13 just because the tools that were doing the stuff in one click are gone and you need to write many options by hand into the poser files using a text editor.

I have no idea how deep Poser has fallen, just a little example: Tell a creator that is making Poser models since 2020 to make a easy pose into the tail he created! do you think he will be able to do it ? something that was totally common for poser over decades.

Just to say, you take the tool away from the creator and the creator will leave, as he cant work without the tool even that these were existent, I can tell what tools there were but it does not help anyone as these just can't be used anymore, it is a dead end. But would they be working again in P13 then sure it would be worth talking about all the possible features for creations. Right now all these tools need to be Invented again for P13 and someone will need to create these. Else just stuck on P11 as long as it lasts.