Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser feature dev & improvement wishlist

PoserWorld2019 opened this issue on Nov 08, 2023 ยท 73 posts

3D-Mobster posted Sun, 26 November 2023 at 12:20 PM

In a way it sure is interesting working with AI and modeling, disadvantage is that it still generates allot of errors and the end renders can't be really controlled like when making 3D artworks or 3D, after generating such you have to ask your self if it is really what you wanted to have or if it is something that you were not aware that you wish having.

I fully understand this, but the fact is that we didn't have it before. It's like asking if we really wanted computers when no one hardly knew what it was? I can't answer that, because I don't know how far these things will go. But following along in the development of these things, things are happening fast and improving at an alarming rate. 

Would be nice if AI could generate the mesh that would save a whole lot of time, side effect is that allot of creators would lose there creative jobs and stores like renderosity could close there doors .....

Im a content creator myself so I know how much time it takes to create a product with everything it includes. And if the development of these 3D tools continues, take into account that what you see in the videos above are the very first stages, then these tools will eventually be extremely powerful and fast. 

If you imagine that a program like 3DFY, were integrated into Poser, then you would basically go to the top and write "Red Leather sofa" and a few minutes later Poser would give you 3 options and you could select one and it would generate that sofa in your scene as a 3d object. 

No, content creators can compete with something like that. Even if Poser didn't want to make this feature, someone else is and you would still be able to use that program to create OBJs that you could import into Poser. This means that either you would use these programs yourself or the content creators would and then turn them into a product, but I think most people would probably choose to just generate them themselves, so the store would be hurt anyway because it would be flooded with objects or they would simply not sell.    

You can compare it to AI art, where people can upload AI art and then others can buy them. My guess is that hardly any of them sell anything because people simply make it themselves. What these sites make their money on is selling the prints on posters or on t-shirts etc. but the art creators hardly make anything.

I don't want anyone to lose their jobs or to see the Poser market destroyed, I simply look at what is going on and that things are changing and someone will create these tools because we know for a fact they are, what im saying is that Poser needs to find ways to make use of them to improve the experience for their users.

Look at the music industry, you can basically create songs now for free created completely by AI. This is a song I made using Chatgpt and Suno, so Chatgpt wrote the lyrics in the form of a song which is a recipe for scrambled eggs and Suno turned it into a song:

Scrambled egg song

I know nothing about music, I can't sing, write or compose. Yet, you could easily imagine that in 5 years, you will simply get an AI to generate the music you want to hear on the fly kind of like Spotify, it creates two versions of the song in less than 2 minutes. Is that bad for music creators? Probably yes. But these things are coming and fast, is it good or bad? The fact is that it is coming no matter what.