Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser feature dev & improvement wishlist

PoserWorld2019 opened this issue on Nov 08, 2023 ยท 73 posts

3D-Mobster posted Sun, 26 November 2023 at 1:04 PM

Furthermore: who would buy a program that costs 200 bucks or so when you have free alternatives? Especially if the idea is not to create a render but just pose a set of coordinates that looks like a human of a beast, or an animal?

Those are good questions and I don't have the answers to them. Again, im simply arguing that these things are happening, whether they are good or bad, is kind of irrelevant I think, because none of us are going to stop it. And in the end, Poser is still a program that will only get development if it makes money and if it can't compete or there are too few users then they won't spend money on it and its probably even worse for Daz because their model is based on content. But if people start to use AI to create these then what?

But I think there are options for them to get in on this, which in many cases might simply be easy integration and user-friendliness. but it doesn't make sense to do it in 5-10 years once all the others have created tools because then these will be the ones that people will use. And as these things develop, new ideas and solution etc. might appear that can be turned into unique features.

One could imagine that Poser had integrated A* for pathfinding and could generate a nav-mesh, so you could build a scene and place a character at point A and then move it somewhere else in the scene and then in a prompt write "lazy walk" and the AI could automatically animate your character walking in the scene around obstacles without you having to do it.

My point is that I think we will see a lot of changes happening over the next many years, and that there are lots of cool things that could be done to improve the quality of the stuff we can make.

But exactly where this technology ends up is extremely difficult to say, because it is so early. And if the rumors of OpenAI and the Q* is true, then it will get even crazier, because then these LLMs, will become better at math which is an obstacle now, but needed for AGI.

Yes, it's sad that we lose 3D artists, but again this is going to affect the whole entertainment industry whether we like it or not.