Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser feature dev & improvement wishlist

PoserWorld2019 opened this issue on Nov 08, 2023 ยท 73 posts

3D-Mobster posted Tue, 28 November 2023 at 5:27 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 2:37 PM Tue, 28 November 2023 - #4478297

What this thread was supposed to be: "suggest new features for Poser!"

What it became: AI junkies again predicting the death of some software without AI saying it's "a fact" (I love those "facts" without any scientific method to support them, alas)

Renderosity banned AI imagery because, as it is currently, it has absolutely no ethics towards the work and value of the actual artists their databases steal from. This is a site made for artists. Like any other site made for artists that wants to keep fostering art and not remade amalgamations of previously made imagery until all the actual artists give up and move away, Renderosity has banned it. Poser is owned by the same company that runs Renderosity. You might as well stop wasting everyone's time by trying to get Poser to use a (at least so far) completely unethical technology that Renderosity has banned.

On another, but related, point: to all our old members, can you still count how many times someone has come to these forums to say that Poser "for a fact" will die without something something? I think I got tired of these "predictions" some fifteen years ago.

I never intended to start a discussion about AI it was merely MY suggestion for what Poser should do, but think it is polite to answer someone when they ask me a question. Anyway, sorry that it turned into something it wasn't meant to become as I didn't mean for it to derail the thread. Time will tell if Im right or wrong and if Renderosity and Poser users are dead set on not using AI. I think we will probably find out soon enough anyway.

But ill not reply to anything related to AI here anymore to avoid derailing the thread.