Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser feature dev & improvement wishlist

PoserWorld2019 opened this issue on Nov 08, 2023 ยท 73 posts

shvrdavid posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 4:48 PM

I have had many things added to Poser, and many things shot down that I suggested. And AI isn't going to happen anytime soon in Poser, or on your PC locally. Running Stable diffusion, etc, is no different than running any other program. Because it is only a program, and there is no AI in it, at all. Zip, nada..... 

How people can not understand that, is beyond me..... Your not running Ai in your pc locally, or your phone, etc. That isn't possible because it doesn't have the processing power or the storage to sort the trillions of findings. Your running a small program, nothing more.

If you have suggestions for filters, things to improve workflow, etc, that's great............. Simply claiming AI will........ Is not...

Poser 13 already has things to clean up images, etc. And it even has things I asked for in there to do so. 

Presentation is everything if you want something added to Poser, and I am telling you that because I have years of experience of getting things added to Poser.

You have to present things in a way programmers understand. You have to know what your talking about. And the Devs have to see a benefit in adding it without breaking the bank. The only thing you have really shown is cleaning up images. And Poser already has that in it. That will undoubtedly see improvements in the future. That also has nothing to do with AI, at all. Tensor cores (AI machine learning cores) are rarely used for filters of any kind, because that isn't what they do....Cuda and CPU cores are superior at filters and complex math. Using the GPU only to do something in a program presents a lot of issues your missing as well. Not everyone using Poser has a Nvidia GPU.... And no one on a Mac does, basically.....

Whatever gets added, has to work in all those cases.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->