Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser feature dev & improvement wishlist

PoserWorld2019 opened this issue on Nov 08, 2023 ยท 73 posts

3D-Mobster posted Thu, 30 November 2023 at 8:27 PM

How are MJ able to provide the service they do? People pay a monthly fee or they buy credits to use the service X amount of times. Obviously, this is because they are running the servers.

But these things can run locally, I don't know why you say they can't? They do it in Blender, I do it (not 3d, but have the extension, but haven't played around with it that much, but have generated some 3d models and it took a few minutes), besides that, people train their own models locally as well, which also takes a bit of time and they make videos which is also a heavy task. Sure some prefer paying for some external tool because it is faster, but that is not the same as saying that it is impossible to run locally.

Renderosity is free to develop their own features, they don't have to buy them.

Just remember, computers have not put paint and pencils out of business. And if your going to use CGDream, you won't even need Poser or any other 3d program either.. 

I have no clue where all this is going to end up, it might be possible that simply generating 2d images is so effective that 3d isn't used as it is today. If you can generate an awesome-looking Hollywood quality movie without any 3d or After effects. I think there is a good chance that people will do that. But all this is extremely new, so it is also possible that new uses for 3d will emerge or it will simply be used in a different type of workflow than now. So sure, it is a possibility, but again the fact is that things are changing and the stuff people do now simply with generative AI is insane. Stuff that would take months to do, like a video, takes a few hours now, there are quality issues.

I don't have a solution or answer to it, because things are going so fast with new tools and improvements popping up almost daily.

Every image you post to Rendo that you created in Poser, Studio, your camera, drew, painted, etc....  Is yours, you own the copyright to it by default. You could have limited usage rights depending on the content you used, but it is your image.

Any image created using AI, in any step, is not copyrightable, meaning you don't own it or the rights to even post it here where the TOS says you can only post images you hold the rights too.. Most people ignore that, and that includes everyone that ever posted an image here that used AI to create it.....

Do you really want to do that to your Poser images? Or should I say, are you willing want to violate the TOS just to have an api that removes any chance of a copyright?

The truth is that I don't think the majority of people care about it that much when it is AI-generated, because you generate so many images anyway, so you might generate 100s of images and like 2-3 of them and you are not going to sell them anyway. There are lots of AI art sites filled with images already, the amount of images generated each day after AI was released is insane.

And if Poser should add AI features whatever they might be, they might have to update their policies, but that is a small change compared to being left behind by all the other companies. I follow along with all these things and see people posting 100s of images each day and I am yet to see anyone complain or even mention that it is an issue or even see people trying to copy each other, people are just having fun. I have seen one case (assume there are more) where someone has use AI to copy someone's actual handcrafted art and tried selling it, and the reaction from those using AI, was that it is wrong. But you will always have people that will do stuff like that, there is also a chance that someone downloads an image from the gallery and posts it somewhere else as if it was their own, or they buy a product here and sell it somewhere else, or download one from a free site and just turn it into a product.

I don't think there is any real solution to this when you are talking digital stuff, then people can exploit it. You even have AI tools now that can remove the watermarks from Stock images at the cost of some quality etc. 

This is personal obviously, but I don't consider the stuff I make to be art as much as a learning process and something I do because I think it is fun, and if someone "stole" them I honestly wouldn't care. I wouldn't feel the same with my products, because I spend a lot of time on them and their purpose is different than creating an image, again I don't consider myself an artist, so I could understand how someone doing that would feel differently. But I will say that if 3d generative AI becomes so good that you can generate high-quality objects then I wouldn't care if someone used those I made, simply because it is so easy to do and pointless trying to consider such a thing unique. It is the same with all the images that people generate, you can generate 100s of images in 30-60 minutes, so who cares if someone uses them. 

And this is also what I mean with things changing, it is not only Poser users it is whole industries that are going to change. As shown in a post above with music, ChatGPT is being integrated as support bots, translation tasks, people using them to generate all kinds of texts, replies you name it. The only limit is really human imagination it seems. Even within programming, there are huge changes going on. I think the Q* is almost confirmed now, which means that it will get even crazier soon when AI starts to become better at math as well, which is going to have a serious impact on how we do things and it will probably also impact the 2d/3d area even more than now. I don't think anyone knows where these things are going, except that it is going very fast.