Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: Dynamic Clothes WIPs for La Femme 2

odf opened this issue on Dec 02, 2023 ยท 306 posts

odf posted Sat, 02 December 2023 at 5:17 PM

@rhia474 I see that you've got the outfit working now. That's a relief.

Just a quick summary to address points that came up in the discussion:

- I save my clothing items as props. In P12 and P13, the default seems to be that the geometry then gets embedded into the .pp2 files, so there are no separate .obj's and nothing in the geometry folder.

- I do indeed use procedural textures for all my clothes. In part that's because I'm too lazy to search for fitting textures or draw my own, but it also makes it easy to modify colors, rescale etc. after the fact.

- That said, I take care to have good UVs. These are automatically generated by Marvelous Designer, but it's a bit temperamental about it, so I have to apply some tricks to make all the pattern pieces have the same scaling, get the UVs to match along certain seams and such things.

- The prop's geometry is indeed stored within the .pp2 in .obj format, but that does not make a .pp2 the same as an .obj. If some software accepts it as such, I would not trust that software much. :-) Probably best to export from Poser if an .obj is what you want.

- I do not provide UV templates with my items. Is that what you were looking for, @SIGASIGA? If I find an easy way to produce them with either MD or Blender, I'm happy to provide templates with my future clothing items.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.