Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question : Interested in animaitons for Poser ?

MotionCast opened this issue on Nov 20, 2023 ยท 20 posts

dreamcutter posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 1:57 PM

an0malaus posted at 10:44 PM Sat, 2 December 2023 - #4478521

The one(two) question(s) I would have, after poring over hundreds of BVH animated pose offerings, is : Do the animations contain finger and hand pose information, and do they contain facial expressions?

In either case, are they separately applicable?

I'm certainly not trying to make things too hard, but more to set expectations, as I'm definitely interested.

I concur that the poses ought to be compatible with the latest, LaFemme2 figure (an A-Pose default), but I'm also aware that there is a huge (in Poser terms) legacy following for the Victoria 4 figure (a T-Pose default), which would need conversion if only LF2 compatible animations were offered.

LF2 will grow if such content support is provided, so starting there will be very helpful.

Most general and free BVH files ( like C. Mellon collection) do not have fingers, toes or any face features in their BVH rigs, only the matching bone to poser group nodes will convert over in the BVH.  There is no limit on exporting a Poser figures pose or animation to BVH, however only bone rotation and translation so no morphs.  You will have to scale any translations on import.  There are some handy BVH editors including UUWD & BVHACKER to help