Forum: Poser 13

Subject: AI as part of the Poser platform?

blackbonner opened this issue on Dec 25, 2023 ยท 53 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 28 December 2023 at 5:07 AM

JustBeCause posted at 4:51 PM Wed, 27 December 2023 - #4479668

shvrdavid posted at 1:33 PM Wed, 27 December 2023 - #4479658
JustBeCause posted at 1:18 PM Wed, 27 December 2023 - #4479657

Wonder when the FBI will put an arrest order to Microsoft or Google !   

You are confusing creating the tool, versus the legalities of using it. 

Besides:

There is not a big difference of using a 3rd Party model for a render if you have not completely made it your self or using a AI for a render that is using models to generate it. for both you pay to use the models, at the end you do not own them unless you made the models your self, even if using a 3rd Poser DS model to morph or texture it, you just made a derived art on a base, the original creator keeps all rights. In theory you have more rights on a AI made product then on a 3D render in witch you do not own any of the used models. But in both cases AI or a Poser/DS  render with models created by 3rd party you will not be able to put a full copyright on the renders. if it is a comic you can place a copyright on your text, or your signature is copyrighted but the render unless you have created it all by your self, is almost no chance to registrate it under your copyright ownership. There is somewhere a text that is saying that DAZ is legitimate owner of any Derivative creation made with Millenniums or Genesis, so even there it is impossible Placing a full copyright ownership on any creations based on these figures!      

Concluding because both way's  are unique derivative by a minimum of 5% it is a legal creation and not theft, but you are not the copyright holder and will never be. Not possible to make a registration of full ownership.

If you purchased the models used in a render then ownership of the render is the person that created the render.  Many gaming companies buy in the content to create a game, they do not own the content but they certainly do own the game they produce.

If you are using AI in a stand alone mode I can see the use but to let an AI engine trawl the internet for images made by others and then use them, without the owners permission, to create a final image based on a few words is cheating/theft.  If someone was to download couple of e-books and used AI to merge the two books into one you are open to prosecution if it is published as the person never used their imagination to create the story.  I see now difference if it is an image to text.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.