Forum: Poser 13

Subject: AI as part of the Poser platform?

blackbonner opened this issue on Dec 25, 2023 ยท 53 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 28 December 2023 at 9:44 AM

JustBeCause posted at 9:15 AM Thu, 28 December 2023 - #4479688

Actually a big game company that is working on serious base will sure buy a Model but they will by the full ownership, avoiding later issues. If you buy a Licence to make a render then you are allowed to use the model in the render but you do not own the model, causing that you can't claim full rights on the Image you produced, you might own the story but not the character, at this point it is difficult having your Image registrated under full ownership in a copyright office. One might ask, who is that character, your response, Victoria, question, whom belongs Victoria? Sure the render is yours, your collage,  but you are not the intellectual owner of the whole. The more premade stuff you use the less it is that you are the legitime creator. Unless the creator gives unrestricted permissions of usage on derivative works and usage of the Models. but sure is not the case with stuff you buy for Poser DS.

If you go hardcore, you use La Femme make a render with her and name her "Aisha" is it then Aisha or is it La Femme you used ? So no matter how many Morph Packages you will create to sell, no matter how you will name these it will always be la femme and the Intellectual owner of this character will always be the creator, no matter how and for what you will use it. It will just be a derivative of the base in witch you only own a basic Licence of usage. 

A simple question ? What is it that you really own on your Computer ? Do you actually own any part of it ? I guess not, sometimes I even wonder if we own our own flesh or if someone is calming rights on it :)

You are missing the point, all I create is the render I totally understand I do not own the content but I do own the render I produce.  When uploading a render here at Rendo I have to click to confirm that I own the artwork, irrespective of what is contained in that render.   Does copyright of the old masters belong to the painter who created it or the person that manufactured the Paint?

To me the difference is clear, I gather together all the different components to produce, in my case, an illustrations for a book.   I can use that illustration in my book without asking anyone's permission because I already own the image.  To create that image can take me days, sometimes weeks but the creation of the image is my work.  On the there hand if I use an AI engine and describe a scene which it builds for me by taking snippets from many other images that I had no hand in creating I cannot say with any honesty that the image is mine.

I am sure there are many that will try and muddy the water in relation to AI but the fact remains others people's work is being used without their express permission, which I find morally wrong.  That said I do accept I come from a era where most people had a strong moral compass. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.