Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Snarly's scripts

rokket opened this issue on Jan 30, 2024 ยท 24 posts

RodS posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 4:36 PM

I don't know what EZSkin 3.2 did, but it has TOALLY screwed my Poser 12 to hell.

When I installed it, I followed the directions:

1. Extract all files from the zip archive to a folder of your choice. This can be anywhere you like.

2. Copy EZSkin3.py to the Runtime:Python:poserScripts:ScriptsMenu of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser executable. Note that while this location is recommended, EZSkin will in fact run from any location.

3. Set up the custom shader engines folder: Create a folder anywhere on your computer to which you have write access. Then copy the files from the zip's 'Custom shaders' folder into your newly created folder. Run EZSkin and open the settings dialog. Set the 'Custom shader engines' folder to the newly created folder.

Did all of the above. Opened a Poser file and went through the "Edit Skin" dialogue, which showed the settings imported from EZSkin3.1. Hit the 'render' button. My dual monitors flashed a couple times, then the SSS screen opened, and showed the SSS being applied to the figure.

Then the 'render' screen opened with the render progress bar. Then.... Nothing. It just sat there doing nothing. I left it for 10 - 12 minutes, and there was zero progress. Top of the screen showed "Poser Application Not Responding." Poser was completely locked up. Had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it.

Started Poser up again, opened the same figure, re-checked the "edit skin" settings. Tried again with the same result. Same for the next 3 - 4 attempts. Re-started Poser (again). Same result. Re-started computer, tried again. Same result.

Removed EZSkin3.2, tried rendering same figure. Rendered fine. Re-installed the older EZSkin3.1 which had been working fine (other than the super-flat skin tones), and tried again. Locked up on render. Tried another figure. Locked up on render.

So, now it appears EZSkin 3.2 left some nasty little something behind that's totally jacking Poser to the point of making it unuseable.

Removing 3.1 from the "Runtime:Python:poserScripts:ScriptsMenu of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser.exe" brings Poser back to working status. 3.1 worked previous to trying 3.2.

I know I can add SSS from Poser's Material Room, but it's such a pain in the a$$. You can't apply it to the figure's full body (at least I've not stumbled onto a way to do it), you have to do it a zone at a time (I.E: chest, abdomen, hip, right thigh, left thigh, etc.)

Is there another plugin out there that does what EZSkin is supposed to do without sending everything to hell? I've been fighting this all day, and have pretty much had enough.

Any ideas out there?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage