Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: both ladies save how?

drawn opened this issue on Mar 08, 2024 · 31 posts

RedPhantom posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 10:59 AM Site Admin

The videos in the link hborre posted are good

here are some troubleshooting tips in case it's not all covered

1.    Clothing falls off the shoulder or waist.
a.    Click on edit constrained group
b.    Everything will turn gray and the group editor pallet will pop up
c.    Drag over the edge of clothing to select vertices (they will turn red) You only need a thin line
d.    There are 2 selection methods, marquee and draw. You can choose which you prefer from the dropdown menu that looks like a box on the group editor pallet
e.    Make sure you don’t select vertices on the back of the clothing. If you do, click on the minus button and deselect them
f.    Run simulation again

2.    Decorations such as bows or buttons fall off as the simulation runs

a.    Click on either edit soft decorated group or edit rigid decoration group depending on if you want the item to bend or stay stiff
b.    Add decoration to the group using the same method as adding to the constrained group
c.    Everything will turn gray and the group editor pallet will pop up
d.    Drag over the edge of clothing to select vertices (they will turn red) You only need a thin line
e.    There are 2 selection methods, marquee and draw. You can choose which you prefer from the dropdown menu that looks like a box on the group editor pallet
f.    Make sure you don’t select vertices on the back of the clothing. If you do, click on the minus button and deselect them
g.    If you’re lucky the decoration has its own material and you can add it by clicking on the add menu and choose material and find the material for the decoration. This will select the whole decoration
h.    Once you’ve added everything you need, run the simulation again

3.    Cloth is bunching or pinching
a.    You have two collision items intersecting with the cloth caught between them and Poser doesn’t know what to do with the cloth
b.    Check all the frames for intersections. Sometimes body parts move to their final location in unexpected ways so even though a hand might be far from the body, it might go through the body on its way. In the frame with the problem move the intersecting body part away from the body.
c.    You may want to hide the clothing so you can see the figure

4.    Clothing is flapping wildly or doesn’t settle fully
a.    There aren’t enough frames for the simulation
b.    Flapping wildly means you need to more frames before the pose. Extreme poses and large movements often need more time to get into position.
c.    To add more frames select the figure you’re working with
d.    Go to Animation>retime animation
e.    Make sure only your figure is selected rather than everything
f.    Set source frames at 1 to whatever frame where you posed the figure
g.    Then set the destination frames to 1 to a higher frame, usually 10 frames works for me but it depends on the cloth and the movement. You may need to experiment
h.    Click okay.
i.    Repeat for other things you want to collide with the clothing
j.    If you need to add more frames at the end to allow the cloth to settle go into the cloth room and make sure you have the correct simulation selected (assuming you have more than one)
k.    Click on simulation settings
l.    Change the end frame to a higher number. I usually work in multiples of 15 but it’s subjective.
m.    If needed, add more frames to the poser scene in the animation pallet
n.    Run the simulation again. You may need to experiment with this as it is dependent on your dynamic control settings and the movement of the figure

5.    You get poke through on fingers, toes, or other small items
a.    The mesh of the clothing isn’t dense enough (too few polygons)
b.    Increase the collision offset and collision depth

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10