Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: sweater don't conform

drawn opened this issue on Mar 24, 2024 ยท 33 posts

Tipol posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 2:36 AM

hborre posted at 5:54 PM Mon, 25 March 2024 - #4482866

You're welcome.  LF2 was threadbare of clothing in my runtime.  This is a nice set of dynamic clothing, my compliments to you.  

As for drawn's problem, I noticed he has a hairpiece colliding with the sweater's sleeve.  If he isn't accounting for that, I suspect the simulation fails when the sleeve collides with the hair.  I usually run my simulation on an empty scene and add my props at the end frame of the simulation.  It's a better way to troubleshoot with minimal items in the scene.

This is the right way to go about creating a scene with dynamic clothing, start with the character, clothes, hair then pose and simulation. You must of course record it at this stage. We can now parent the clothes to the character if this is not done originally (the Poser technicians advised me to do so and from now on all my future dynamic clothes will be parented to the character). Once the simulation is done by positioning yourself on the last frame and selecting the character globally you can move it in the scene, so you can then create the scene and position the character in it as you want provided you do not move separately the elements of the body.