Forum: Community Center

Subject: Suggestion Wish List

Wolfenshire opened this issue on Mar 25, 2024 ยท 37 posts

Giana posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 12:38 AM

can you please add to your 'improvement list' yet again to fix the way views are counted on this site, esp. in the galleries?

justification - if that stupid Art Chart nonsense utilises clicks/views as part of it metrics/algorithm, then it shound be accurate.  a person should not be able to simply sit on any given image and keep refreshing the page and have that count as views.  nor should leaving a comment generate 2 views.  surely some programmer can figure out how to only account for unique views, yes?

house every single policy/TOS rule/reg in one viable place.  you can have policies duplicated wherever upon the site, but having one clear place to view ALL terms at any given time simplifies things for the user. when a change/update to policy is made, make sure to update ALL places that policy may reside

though it has improved, the MP is still a mess when trying to search for things.  part of that reason is due to vendors misplacing their item[s] into the wrong category. make a list of what kinds of things should go where in terms of category, even if it sounds like a dumb idea and one feels that most vendors know what they are doing. and then send out an email to all active vendors with a link that has the information and a radio button they need to check and click through saying they acknowledge having read it. -OR- put the onus onto the MP testers to ALWAYS check that a vendor has placed an item in the proper category

and yes, i KNOW it is on your list, but i am going to point at that poor beaten, bruised and bloody pony, cause i'd feel remiss if i did not... ie. the number of posts per day issue...

btw - i did not participate in that Pin-Up contest, but thank you/Rendo staff for doing the judging rather than allowing yet another contest to simply be yet another popularity contest that has no true meaning.  either select a panel of judges for contests, or continue on utlising Staff, please

speaking of meaningless popularity contests, and though i realise this will never happen, but get rid of the Art Charts. or figure out a better way to measure & weigh things.  for example, a selected panel chooses a defined number of mages be shown/displayed/showcased each month.  once a month seems like maybe a reasonable amount of time since the world is full of busy lives.  but showcase the best this site has to offer each month.  it may start to attract slightly more professional types than what currently resides here, and that is always a good thing.  plus with something like what i'm suggesting, it might make people here grow some, striving to be better and improve skillsets or whatnot, instead of just relying on 'friends' to make them feel good - ie. help folks to help themselves out of complacency, attract more skilled artists who then may expand on the MP customer numbers, and restore a bit of dignity to the site overall , as currently, most folks in the 3D hobbyist art communities seem to feel that Rendo is 'the bottom of the barrel' and don't seem to have the same degree of respect for this site as once it garnered...

if an image is pulled for review due to perceived TOS questions, it should be released back into the wild of the Galleries, have it release at the front of the line in What's New.  i say this because it can sometimes take a day or two for the review process to be completed, and by that time several pages of images have buried it, and those that might've received an email about a new post by the person they opted to follow have all but forgotten to re-look for it. thus the posting artist is somewhat disadvantaged in sharing their creation under the current process

more i could add, but colour me done, for now...