Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question : Interested in animaitons for Poser ?

MotionCast opened this issue on Nov 20, 2023 ยท 20 posts

KageRyu posted Mon, 08 April 2024 at 6:45 PM

As a content creator and Vendor I do create a lot of my own poses and animated poses. As an artist trying to produce projects I also often will pick up the odd pose pack or animated pose pack if it is something that can save me time.  So I can say, yes there is a market...

However -

When I do purchase such content and it has not been properly formatted, created, edited, or troubleshot to work properly with figures or as universal poses, it gets me very upset.  It will result in negative reviews and product refunds.  I am frustrated when I have professionally sold poses that contain extraneous or unnecessary data (BODY positioning unless designed for use with a specific environment, or morph channels, etc...) because I then need to go in and edit and fix them.  With animated poses, I hate it when body parts pass through each other, hands or feet distort, figure rises and floats, etc... as I need to go in and edit and fix these.  If I have to spend time fixing and cleaning up animations and poses they are not worth investing money in and I might as well just make my own.  I know I am not alone as a Poser user who has been burned by such animated poses in the past and so there is reluctance among many to purchase such content unless the source is known and proven.

BVH can be exported from a variety of ways that can be accurately imported for specific Poser figures.  Poser can import BHV properly if it knows the right format and if the source format was prepared with Poser in mind.  There have been many discussions online in various 3D and Poser forums regarding this, especially at the time Poser 2012 was released as it had plug ins that would allow users to use an Kinect to capture BVH motion capture for Poser.  I would strongly urge looking up and researching these things if you want to sell animations to Poser users.  It would be prudent to get some familiarity to learn enough about Poser and importing and exporting BVH and poses and certainly going through them in Poser to edit and clean them up and optimize them to insure the end user is getting a quality product, especially at the prices you suggested.  You had mentioned that this is not worth your time, and I hope I misunderstood. I can understand wanting to prioritize "creating Content" over time to troubleshoot and edit - but troubleshooting and editing is part of content creation.  If what you really mean is you would rather prioritize creating the default content for whatever software you currently support and Poser users are an afterthought that will either get a less polished product - then perhaps it is not an endeavor worth pursuing as it could go very badly.

Either way, I wish you luck.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!