Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: It's quiet. Almost too quiet.

FirstBastion opened this issue on Feb 01, 2024 ยท 113 posts

gohanf22 posted Sun, 14 April 2024 at 8:47 AM

Razor42 posted at 8:22 PM Sat, 13 April 2024 - #4483579

Time will tell, it helps to think of AI as a tool rather than as an evil cotton spinning machine.

Like most tools it's use could be nefarious or productive, it depends on the wielder or the implementation in use.

Personally I don't think it is a bad thing for a business to be on the technological edge. Honestly if you are not moving with technology, you are being left behind to some degree. 

And regardless of whether anyone likes it or not, LLM's are here and are being implemented in almost every possible imaginable application and likely some that are entirely unforeseen at this point. LLM's are an established disruptive technology and at this point there really isn't a two fork road anymore.

Honestly If you don't like AI you might need to shift from using computers/cell phones at some point and perhaps move off the grid.

I know art is a very personal thing and honestly I still like the feel of a human creative process visible in "artwork" but at this point it is getting harder and harder to distinguish or even define what that truly means.

I thought I would help you guys out by making a list of things to avoid such as industries that are integrating AI or LLM assistance into their workflow or Software companies who are integrating AI as part of their overall offering. Just to help put some perspective on this for you.

Industries

- Healthcare

- Banking

- Logistics

- Retail Services

- Cyber Security

- Transportation

- Marketing

- Defense

- Coding

- Education

- Office Admin

- Legal

- Language Translation

- Data management

3D Software Companies embracing AI

- Maxon (Owners of Zbrush & Cinema 4D)

- Autodesk ( Maya, 3DS, Autocad, mudbox)

- Blender (Multiple AI addons including an official stability addon)

- Adobe (Generative AI in PS etc)

- Sketchup (Official Sketchup Diffusion)

- Rhino (Supporting numerous official addons to integrate Generative AI)

... ...

General Companies

- IBM

- Amazon (Including web services)

- Microsoft

- Google

- Alphabet

- Adobe

- Oracle

- Baidu

- Nvidia

- Meta

- GoDaddy (Renderosity's Website host provider...)

I can add more if you would like but these are just a small sample of some of the major ones.

Hope this helps.

AI being used to Improve Art as I have said is one thing, but using it to MAKE ART TOTALLY is literally ART THEFT is what many in the art communities are trying to say.  And there are IGNORANT people out there using it to grab a quick buck or two without giving a DAMN.  They know there are gullible people out there to feed on and abuse which is also RUDE, ARROGANT and BEYOND CRIMINAL.  I'm sorry but, if your a person that will feed on other people's misgivings just to gain money, I will not tolerate you or even deal with you.  It is people like that why the world is what it is right now.