Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: is there converter l'homme 1 to l'homme 2?

drawn opened this issue on Apr 18, 2024 ยท 20 posts

DeeceyArt posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:38 PM Online Now!

Drawn, I don't mean to be rude, but this is like the third time I've posted a similar response to your questions. You appear to be asking the same questions over and over. If I were you, I would save browser bookmarks to the pages that give you the answers the first time. 

To repeat ... Poser has TWO types of clothing. Conforming, and Dynamic.

Conforming clothing appears in the Character library, which is the first icon in the library palette that looks like a person.  Conforming clothing must be conformed to the figure that it was created for (example: Victoria 4 clothing conforms to Victoria 4). You CAN get it to work with other figures, but you need to convert it with a utility like Crossdresser first.

DYNAMIC clothing appears in the PROPS library, which you have selected in your previous screen shot.  DYNAMIC clothing DOES NOT CONFORM to a figure. You need to select the clothing, and choose Object > Change Parent to attach it to the figure. THEN, you need to use the Cloth Room to fit it to the character.

The best place to start in the Poser Documentation for dynamic clothing is here:

Using Dynamic Clothing with Morphs